Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Freaking Dolly Parton...

For the last three days I have had a Dolly Parton CD stuck in my MacBook Pro.  Sure, other CDs have been stuck in there, but this was the first CD to take up residence.  This was also the first CD that has needed more than just a wiggle of a business card in the disk drive.

I tried rebooting with the computer turned upside down.  And then it was on to just holding the eject button down while the computer was upside down and over my head.  Then I tried rebooting while holding down the mouse button, rebooting while holding down the eject button, and finally rebooting while holding down the Command-Option-O-F keys, which were supposed to get me into the Open Firmware but didn't do a damned thing.  Then I found the Silvermac website (http://www.silvermac.com/2006/dvd-stuck-in-macbook-pro/), which really did work like a charm (the second time around.

Anyway, now that Dolly has moved on I can finally move on to the Super Stars of Seventies Soul.  Oh, Multnomah County Library, if one of your other CDs causes me this much of a headache I will be forced to punch one of your librarians right in the kisser!  Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment