Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dear Acuvue Oasys Rebates - I hate your stinking guts

It's true.  You are nitpicky, ridiculous in your rules, and pretty damn lame.

After three back-and-forths, with me providing more and more information, you have still rejected my rebate.  I know it's only $25, but considering I've already invested about $5 of postage into this little information gathering mission of yours - I really feel like I've earned it.

Listen, I get it.  You require that a person buys contacts within 90 days of a vision exam, and you give them six months to buy one year's worth of contact lenses.  Well, I did all of that.  But, my second round of contacts was ordered during the first week of a new year. 

BAM!  I'm disqualified.

You know what, Acuvue?  You can suck it. 

I know that I'm only one person shelling out a couple hundred dollars per year for fancy contacts, because I have astigmatisms in both eyes.  But, I also know that there's a nice little assortment of other contact manufactures who would love to get their hands on both my eyes and my money. 

Plus, after looking into the likes of Biofinity Torics, which sound pretty awesome, and Air Optix for Astigmatism, which don't sound shabby either, my peepers are pretty pumped to try something else on for a change.

Don't look for any future rebates from me, because there won't be any.  I mean, even if these other contact companies don't have a rebate program - since I'll be saving $5 in postage every time I try to apply for a rebate, it's almost as good as a rebate.  Actually, it's even better - there's NOTHING for me to fill out, make copies of, or contact my doctor for further elaboration on.  I'm not even required to sign up for annoying e-mail reminders, which I then have to unsubscribe from.

Do nothing and save money?  It's like magic!

And with this, Acuvue Oasys, I bid you adieu.

3 comments:

  1. I hate that sucky rebate system too, and now I hate Acuvue. They require you to jump through a million hoops. I hope complete disgust with their company is what they are trying to achieve. Because that's where I've arrived. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you posted this !!!!

    I don't understand why my doctor always writes Acuvue on my prescription rather than another brand. Is my script only good for acuvue then ? Why does she do that, does Acuvue give them kickbacks or ? I don't specifically ask for Acuvue.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acuvue Oasys lenses counter astigmatism through advanced toric lens engineering its makers call.

    ReplyDelete