Friday, October 7, 2011

For a girl … I’m doing okay!

It’s not that I’m a girl that makes it so surprising that this week I’m ranked number one in my company’s college football pool.  It’s more the fact that out of the 56 people in this year’s pool, it’s possible that I’m the most sportastically* challenged^ person participating.

What can I say?  The allure of a free airline ticket coupled with a $0 entry fee was too much for my impulse control.+  So, I looked at the preseason USA Today Coaches Poll, read all about the BCS selection procedures, researched the coaches, and blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, if I had made my selections based on school colors – it would have been a lot easier…



*Yes, “sportasticlly” is NOW a word.

^Okay, I’m not actually challenged.  It’s that I don’t care.

Take, for example, the conversation that I’ve had too many times with coworkers and visitors (usually on days when my company is “College Football Casual” or “Collegiate Casual” (yes, that’s a thing my company does a couple of times a year) and I’m wearing a black t-shirt over an old Halloween t-shirt – complete with black cat – that I got on clearance from Old Navy last year):

Them:  Your Beavers are playing this weekend.

Me:  They are?

Yes, I worked for OSU’s Sports Video Department for three years in college.  I’d chitchat with jocks in class and around the sports arena – and, yes Halley, I’d judge them for wearing sweatpants to class

+Anyone who’s seen me around baked goods (even vegan baked goods) should know that I have very little impulse control.

1 comment:

  1. HAHHA! There's a reason I always offered to get you cake when you were sad.

    ReplyDelete