Friday, December 30, 2011

If I see that bitch, FICA, I'm going to punch her in the nose!

Growing up can be lame, sometimes even SUPER lame.  And, today, specifically, I say bagh to taxes and future me* taking ridiculously large chunks of my paychecks. 

Don’t they know that I just want to buy shoes and pay someone to make my nails look fancy?  Damn it!

This all started this morning when I wanted to find out if my new job would bump me up into a different tax bracket.^  So, while I was looking at everything from the 2011 Oregon and Federal tax brackets to Social Security and Medicare rates.  I even pulled up Oregon’s Workers’ Benefit Fund Assessment to find the employee assessment rate.  Of course, that was all after I calculated a few figures to see if I wanted to increase my 401(k) contribution. 

I had wanted to increase my contribution by about three percent until I realized that – after taxes, my flex spending contribution, my additional life insurance+ fee, my long term care fee, and my 401(k) contributions at my current contribution percentage – my HUGE raise calculates out to about $100 more per paycheck.


*Stupid 401(k) and being “responsible” in planning for my future.  Note to future me:  You better take totally awesome trips and have a super hot cabana boy, or else consider yourself warned.  Thirty-year-old me is NOT amused.

^It did.

+To my nearest and dearest - you’re welcome.  You bitches better appreciate me when I’m gone, because if you don’t – I’m going to come back to life and use my natural nails to fuck you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment