Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dude doesn't eat meat, but has a bone of his own...


Okay, so taking my younger sister’s advice, I’m going to try and “share more.”  For example – let’s talk about dating after the advent of Al Gore’s internet. 

I have had my share of web-based relationships.  And, in this day and age, I’m kind of weirded out about the premise of meeting someone out and about in my daily life.  Maybe it’s just that I’m socially awkward, or maybe it’s that I’m especially awkward around guys that I’m interested in.  Plus!  The glorious part of meeting someone on-line is that you both know why you’re there.  There’s no question about if you’re both open to the possibility of hooking up, the real question is whether you’ll want to go through with it after actually seeing them and finding out that the dude’s a vegetarian.  Short answer – no.

There’s something about guys who don’t eat meat that kind of freak me out.  Here’s the thing, I haven’t eaten red meat in close to 17 years (my mom quit eating it for heath reasons and I still wanted to be just like her at the time) and I’m allergic to pork (yes, it’s a real thing).  Vegan chicks are just annoying with their Shepardess Pies, and blah, blah, blah with chickpeas.  I know it’s irrational and unfair to make this sweeping statement, but I can’t help but question the guys who give up meat.  In my mind, guys are supposed to eat meat and potatoes and have an unnatural love affair with ketchup.  Maybe I’m closed minded.  Or, maybe it’s just that I live in Portland, Oregon…

2 comments:

  1. Hahahhahahahha!!
    In my defense... it was all delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was, otherwise you wouldn't have made it so often! :)

    ReplyDelete